The Girl of Fire and Thorns - Rae Carson More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

OMG! This is perhaps the only coherent thought I can muster about this amazing book. The Girl of Fire and Thorns is a story about a girl chosen by God to do incredible things. She is chosen because she was willing to rise up to the challenge; she never lost faith and overcame many losses during the hard battle. Princess Elisa is the main character and the chosen one. She is definitely "one tough cookie!" At the beginning of the story she was scared and a little weak, she wasn't quite willing to stand up for herself and express her ideas. But a little time in the desert proved to herself and to others that she was a strong and independent woman capable of many things.
I also loved all of the other characters in this book: Cosme, Humberto, Rosario and Lord Hector were all of my personal favorites. Parts of this book were very sad (Those of you read it will completely understand what I am talking about right now!) and made me really want to have a heart to heart talk with Rae Carson. But I understand how it may have possibly helped with the plot and I am maybe sort of willingly to live with it. Other than that though, this was an inspiring story that I really loved and really recommend! And I eagerly await the sequel! <3

An ARC was provided by the publisher via NetGalley.