Grave Mercy - Robin LaFevers More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

**le sigh** Grave Mercy is ahhh-mazing! Robin LaFevers had given me a new book to add to my favorites shelf! This book tells the story of Ismae, a handmaiden of death. She serves St. Mortain at a convent by training to be an assassin. The nuns teach the handmaidens over a hundred different ways to kill a man so that when Mortain gives someone the marque, they will be able to kill them. Ismae is given a very important assignment and is sent to the city of Brittany under the disguise of a mistress to Duval. While there she must balance the task of serving Mortain and her duchess, Anne, while staying true to her heart. I adored all the characters in this book! Ismae is a wounded soul who only wants to do what is right. Duval is handsome and extremely loyal. Anne is very young and already had the weight of the world on her shoulders. I loved the plot, the writing, and the sweet budding romance! The sequel, Dark Triumph, will tell the story of Sybella, a fellow handmaiden of death and dear friend to Ismae. I am interested in reading Sybella's story, but am really hoping to read more about what has become of Ismae and Duval! Overall, I definitely recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction, assassins, and those who just want to read a really good book. <3

A copy was provided by the publisher via Netgalley.