The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

When I heard Julie Kagawa was writing a vampire book, I completely flipped out. I had to read it. So when I found it on NetGalley, I requested it, got approved, and devoured it. In the Acknowledgements, Julie said that in the beginning of her career she vowed to not write a vampire book because she had nothing new to add to the masses. She was dead wrong. The Immortal Rules is a completely original story that has found a permanent place on my favorites shelf. In this vampire society, humans have almost gone extinct due to Red Lung Disease and vampires rule over the few that are left in their Vampire Cities. Allie lives in an abandoned school as an Unregistered, someone not under vampire control. She has to scour the streets for food and is always in danger of being killed. She lives there with three other street rats: Lucas, Rat, and Stick. But Allie has run out of food and has no choice but to venture outside the walls of the city where vicious creatures called Rabids roam. But on her journey back, she will never be the same again. One thing I love about Julie's vampires is that they are monsters. They are constantly aware of their hunger for blood and are always a danger to humans. I also really love the two potential love interests. There is Kanin, a troubled vampire with a dark past who is on a mission to right his wrongs, and there is Zeke, a selfless caring human who always manages to see the good in people. Overall, this story was ahhh-mazing! And I am absolutely dying to get my hands on the sequel! <3

An ARC was provided by the publisher via Netgalley.