The Weepers: The Other Life  - Susanne Winnacker More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

I really, really, really, really, really liked this book. But I didn't love it. It seemed to be lacking that big spark that makes me obsess over a book even when I'm not reading it. Now, don't get me wrong, I was very interested in the book and will definitely be reading the sequel because I want to know what happens to the characters that I've become attached to. I loved the main character, Sherry, and her little brother, Bobby, and little sister, Mia. And I totally have a crush on Joshua, the hot and troubled hero. This book takes places sometime in the future when the government has been experimenting with rabies. But it got out of control and has turned people into man-eating monsters called weepers. The government sent out a warning telling people that they would need to hide out in bunkers for a while till it was safe to come out. Sherry and her family have been in their bunker a very long time- longer than expected. And they have run out of food and lost communication with everyone. So, Sherry and her dad decide to venture out of their bunker to look for food and to find out what has happened to their neighbors. But once outside they discover the horror of the weepers and things don't go exactly as planned. This book was fast-paced, action-packed and it flew by. I really, really liked it. And I definitely recommend it to lovers of dystopian, hot gun-wielding hunks, and fans of the movie I Am Legend. :))

An ARC was provided by the publisher via Netgalley.