Across the Universe - Beth Revis More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

I thought that this book was absolutely captivating! I could hardly put it down! The idea was very original, and although I am not a really big fan of science fiction, I absolutely loved it in this book. Beth Revis has created an ahhh-mazing story all wrapped up in a pretty cover. The characters were awesome: I loved Amy, Elder, and Harley! The setting was very cool, because the whole story takes place on a spaceship named Godspeed that is careening through outer space trying to reach a distant planet. Amy is one of the main characters and is a sixteen year old girl who has basically been frozen until they can reach this other planet, but things don’t go exactly as planned and she is awakened early (this is where the story really starts to get going). Elder is the future leader of the ship (the current leader being Eldest) and is really smart and sweet. Harley is Elder’s best friend and is a great painter. This book has absolutely everything; a dystopian society, a murder mystery, some sweet romance, and cool new words to add to my vocabulary (my favorites being: frex & chutz)! Overall this was a “frexing brilly” read that has easily made it onto my favorites list. :))