If I Stay - Gayle Forman More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

I've been wanting to read "If I Stay" for a long time, especially after reading all its glowing reviews. But I put it off and waited, all the while becoming a little scared that it wouldn't live up to my expectations. And it didn't, this book far surpassed them. I was completely blown away by the words Gayle Forman had written. I loved all of the characters, so you can imagine how heart-broken I was by certain events in the book. But overall, this book was flat out amazing! It taught a life-long lesson and I actually feel changed after reading this book- I am not the exact same person I was before reading this masterpiece. You have to admire a book that can do that. This isn't just another light fluffy read, it was deep and soul-searching. It had loss, love, and literal life-changing decisions. It had passion- for music, for life, for love, for family. It had a lesson. One that you have to read for yourself to truly understand. I wish I could go into more detail, like explain to you how much I loved how Gayle wrote the book, with the memories and all; but I'm still a little scatter-brained from all the emotions this book wrought out of me. I definitely recommend "If I Stay" to everyone who hasn't already read it! (Also, if you are a fan of Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin, you will love this!) <3