Eve (Eve, #1) - Anna Carey More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

This year has brought us some great books. And Eve was no exception. I loved everything about this book. From the plot to the setting to the awesome characters. Eve was the main character in this book and she went through so much in just a matter of weeks. She had to make sacrifices and was witness to many horrors. Caleb was super sweet and in the end proved he would do anything for Eve. Arden was sort of Eve's partner in crime and they became very close friends. And like the good friends that they were, they did everything they could to help each other.
This dystopian world Anna Carey created was very unique. It was our world we have today but many years into the future. A deadly plague has wiped out more than half of our population and the wilderness has pretty much taken over. The leaders of the new world began doing some truly horrifying and sickening things in order to try to recover from the disasters the plague has brought. But even in these hard and frightening times there were people who stood up for what was right, even at the stake of their own lives.
Eve was a beautifully written story (with a beautifully designed cover) filled with loss, friendship, true love and determination. I would recommend this book to everyone but especially to fans of Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel to come out, especially with that cliffhanger ending!!! :))

An ARC was provided by the publisher via NetGalley.