Obsidian (Lux, #1) - Jennifer L. Armentrout More of my reviews at The Cozy Reading Corner

Obsidian has totally changed my view of aliens. Now when I picture one, I'm going to see a gorgeous black-haired, green-eyed guy that can light up like the Fourth of July! Jennifer L. Armentrout is a genius for thinking this up! When I started reading Obsidian I didn't stop until I reached the very last page. The story and the characters had me hooked. Katy might be one of my favorite heroines so far; she's sweet, tough, selfless, and did I mention that she reviews books for her blog? (She is awesome!) Then there is her best friend Dee, who is drop-dead gorgeous. This girl is a ball of fun energy bundled up in a wrapping of sweetness, fierce loyalty, and protectiveness. And then there is her twin brother Daemon. (He's the hot, green-eyed one.) I loved how for Daemon and Katy it wasn't love at first sight..... or second sight, or third, and so on and so forth! I mean, these two bickered like cats and dogs! Which I find rather endearing. Last, and most certainly least, I must mention the bad guys. They are called Arums and are seriously scary. They are basically these shadow creatures that you can't see and can kill you without breaking a sweat. But as bad as they are, the Luxens totally make up for it, because they are light. (And I mean that literally!) The bottom line is I am in love with this new series and can't wait for the sequel to be released and find out what is going to happen next! It is definitely being added to my favorites shelf! <3

UPDATE: Obsidian has been optioned for film by Sierra Pictures!

Now, I am so freakin’ scared! The Lux series is literally my favorite series ever and now Hollywood’s got a hold of it! :3

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m excited. But my stomach also feels like it has a rock sitting at the bottom of it, so…..

Plus I love Pepe Toth as Daemon Black! And now we’ll have a new Daemon!!! What if they pull a Jace Wayland/Jamie Campbell Bower and he’s not attractive enough?!?!

What about Katy? What if they pick the wrong girl?!?! What if the CGI is bad and the aliens look super fake when they go Luxen?!?!

I just can’t…… I can’t even….. asdfghjkl;